Donations of $10 or more will get you access to the donor only features of the recruiting tool.Donate to yatzr:
Donate With Venmo
Note that I no longer use paypal. I apologize for the inconvenience. Venmo is a great alternative, but if it causes a problem for you, email me or site message me on WIS and we'll figure something out.
NOTE: Some browsers will change this file to a .zip when you download it. If that happens, make sure to change it back to .jar
Install and Intro
Intro 2 - More Details!
Custom Equations Explained
Recruit Action Scheduler
- Added connection options (Options->Connectivity) - enter your username and password here...they'll be saved for all actions (yay!)
- -Option to connect to www.wisjournal.com instead of www.whatifsports.com
- -Option to connect via a proxy
- Added loading screen when first starting up the tool, so you don't sit there and wonder if you double clicked it just right.
- Added Analysis button that shows a brief analysis of your recruiting pool. Discussion on "vision score" to come.
- Added Team Info button to show an analysis of your team as it is now as well as what positions you are recruiting. You can enter a number in the wanted boxes and the number will be saved immediately (hence the slowness of entering the number).
- Added "Backups" search box. This will search for unsigned players that are considering a school that has filled up their scholarships. In my experience, these players will typically become undecided on the next cycle.
- You can now launch the Recruit Action Scheduler from here under the Data menu. Doing this makes it so you don't have to enter your username, pass, and team id into the recruit action scheduler.
- Added stricter error handling while grabbing recruits. Should no longer end up with recruits with 0's for attributes, but may error out more often.
- permTeams.dat and towns.dat are now built into the .jar file. You don't need them anymore.
- Fixed some memory leaks that were causing errors while grabbing recruits
- Added the Team Analyzer under the Data menu. This is a very simple tool for using your custom equations on the current players of any team.
- Added the Team Ranker under the Data menu. This is another very simple tool that is useful for scheduling next season's out of conference games.
- Added right click -> Unmark for action
- Added button to flag the recruits that are on your watchlist.
- Now clears out search filters when creating a new season.
- Now updates the recruits table immediately after finishing downloading recruits.
- Fixed bug where some recruits will show up with 0's for attributes.
- Found issue where grabbing out of vision recruits without grabbing in vision recruits caused recruits found in both searches to be marked as out of vision. Now, it forces you to grab in vision recruits when grabbing out of vision recruits.
- Updated it to remember how many threads you picked last time. It was too annoying to forget to change the dropdown.
- Fixed bug (I think) where some recruits would show as out of vision when they weren't actually out of vision.
- Fixed bug with case sensitive username checking in some cases
- Added message to tell you when you entered an incorrect username or password
- Threads! (donor only...non-donors are stuck with 1 thread). Now, when you select Download/Update Recruits, there will be a dropdown to select how many threads you want to use. Note that anything over 4 threads requires a decent amount of ram allocated for the program. I had to allocate 1GB of ram to get 16 threads to run. I would recommend just trying different numbers and watching it. If you ever see it say "Created error.log", then it probably failed due to lack of memory even if it appears to be working after that.
- Fixed bug when grabbing coach info for a team with no players.
- Fixed memory leak when grabbing formation IQs.
- Save column widths when changing positions.
- Added hardcoded donor list so past donors should no longer get the "Error receiving donor list" message.
- Updated the "Update Multiples" to also grab formation IQ and GPA. So now, you can highlight a bunch of recruits (even if they aren't considering multiple), right click->mark for action, and the Update Multiples to get the formation IQ and GPA of selected recruits.
- Added formation IQs to custom equations and recruit export.
- Fixed column width issues.
- Added formation IQ to table and the ability to grab formation IQ.
- Added ability to set custom column headers on the S1-S6 columns.
- Added check at startup for newer version of the tool.
- Fixed bug where clicking on a recruit didn't open the right recruit.
- Set the table so that it resizes when you resize the program.
- Set up the ability to hide columns. You can right click the table header (where the columns are) and select which columns to show/hide.
- Since you can now hide columns and resize the program, space isn't an issue anymore, so I added 3 more custom equation slots. People had asked for separate equations for stuff like DT and DE. It's easier to just add more slots for the base position (e.g. DL).
- Added the ability to use "GPA" and "POT" in equations.
- Moved filters and search fields to the main view. Set up collapsible sections for the search fields and the filters. It may be a little confusing, but there's a key difference between the search fields and the filters. The filters can be turned off without actually clearing out those text fields (using the "Apply Filters" checkbox).
- Got rid of filters in the menu.
- Added a search checkbox to hide signed players.
- Moved checkboxes for bolding attribute columns to its own menu item.
- Streamlined recruiting actions into one step.
- Added GPA grabbing. (Not really useful yet)
- Fixed issue some people had grabbing recruits.
- Fixed for mass recruiting after GD update.
- Fixed bug where setting a filter on a bolded column would cause no recruits to show up.
- Added Scholarship Offer to mass recruiting.
- Added ability to grab recruit messages and auto-assign a value for potential.
- I fixed a bug where if you had filtered the recruits, and then highlighted a bunch and right-clicked to "Mark for Action", it would actually mark the wrong recruits. So now, the checkboxes will always get checked properly when doing "Mark for Action".
- You can now select "Update Multiples" without selecting any recruits. Doing this will make it update for all recruits who have considering of "multiple". Note that this can take awhile.
- In the considering summary of a recruit, there is now a 3rd number. This is the number of recruits that are green or yellow for that school. Note that this is only the number that the program knows about. To make sure this number is accurate, make sure to grab and update recruits outside of your vision. This number gets updated after updating considering and after updating multiples.
- Mass recruit options are now available. You have to select recruits using the far right checkboxes, just like with "Update Multiples". The options available are "Add to Watchlist" (only available before recruiting starts), "AC Phone Call", and "AC Scout". When you do AC Phone Call or AC Scout, it will only do one phone call or scout per recruit. Note that the popup tells you how many recruits it's about to do recruit actions for. Pay attention to this so that you don't accidentally waste all your money.
- Fixed bug where updating recruits never properly set the team they were considering
- Fixed bug where updating recruits would lose their town
- Fixed bug where exporting a recruit without a town stopped the export
- Added ability to download recruits and coaches.
- Added ability to highlight multiple recruits, right-click, and select "Mark for Action".
- Added ability to update recruits considering status.
- Added ability to count signed recruits per coach.
- Added ability to grab "Considering Multiple" team info *donors only*
- Set miles when setting vision.
- Added handling when program can't find permTeams.dat
- Added error logging during "Set Vision"
- Added ability to export recruits to spreadsheet
- Initial Version